Monday, October 26, 2009

Pilot Episode

So, I've been perusing the blogs lately.

We've got a lot of house.  That's not to say we've got the kind of problem I imagine the Vanderbilts to have when filling THEIR home(s), but, for us, it's kind of a big deal.  Going from a one-bedroom apartment that could fit in our basement, to our house a year ago was quite a change.  So big a change, I suppose, that we haven't been able to wrap our heads around the overwhelming task of making it look like home.  We've kind of pretended that we don't have to do anything.  But, it turns out, that whole "dorm room style" doesn't really suit our ages anymore.

Which brings me back to the blogs.  I've been on the hunt.  It's time to make this place what we want it to be.  Enter connundrum.  What's our goal?  What's our ultimate style?

I think it's safe to say that I like a combination of modern and classic.  Maybe eclectic?  I like having things comfortable, but clean lines.  I'm a collector at heart, so I have a penchant for shelves and nooks and crannies in which to put my tchatchkies.  And hubby is a collector too.  Of electronic gadgets.  SO, there would need to be a space for all of his business.

At the very least, this will be a place for me to put all my inspiration pictures.  At the most, maybe it'll help me define my style ideals, and turn my befores into afters.

Back to the hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment