Saturday, March 19, 2011

I like this.

Found it in the Real Simple mag for this month.  Just a one-page ad that caught my attention.


Excuse the slight fuzziness - it was a small pic.

There's just something about the casual "here's some stuff that I like" feeling of the two boards and the three hanging pics.  I like the rustic look of the wall behind it - very beach cottage.  That's not something that normally catches my eye, but I like it here.  I've been sort of thinking about how I can work in a wooden wall into our house.  One of my fave bloggers, Katie from Bower Power put a wood wall in her little boy's nursury, and I love it.  The rustic, masculine feel of it is just wonderful.  There's something comforting about the simplicity and beauty of it.


I like the idea of some kind of a wall like that somewhere in mi casa.  Probably not this casa, but maybe in the "forever home" of the future?

I like that both of the pics have this great rustic wall.  TOTALLY different kinds of rustic walls, but both really comfortable.  There's something about both of them that make me want to wear a lot of white linen and read books in the sunshine and breeze.  Kind of like living within an allergy medicine commercial.

That's about it.  Just a little sumpn' sumpn' that caught my eye.  Carry on.




Images from ballarddesigns.com and bowerpowerblog.com.

1 comment:

  1. The whole beach cottage look is totally something I love too. These rustic walls are so much more appealing than the one rando wall at the Farm don't you think? I'm a big fan of the "xoxo" lettering from the Real Simple mag too.

    ReplyDelete