Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Green Machine

Well, the family room has gone from red to green.  My sister in law said that we should have left one wall red for Christmas.  :)  I think I'll skip it this time around.

It's not exactly the tranquil light green that I was hoping for, but I still like it.  We decided to go with two shades of green, rather than just one for the whole space.  The family room is pretty large - there's easily enough space on the one side for another bedroom - so we were thinking that the entire thing painted one color could be overwhelming.  Plus, we really couldn't decide on just one color.  Thankfully, my genius big brother Donnie Vendetta suggested painting the two spaces a different color.  Brilliant.  TV room on one side, and, I don't know - game room or something else similar on the other side.  Maybe a bari-ish area?  I'm not certain what's going to go over there, but I know one thing - I heart the green!!

Before, lovely red:


We took this pic on the first trip through when we visited (and also knew that we were totally going to buy the thing!).

And after.  Unfinished, as you can see!:


That would be brother mine, paiting the lighter green side.


That would be PePe the cat in the window on the darker (potential bar/game room/something else) side.


Here's a combination of the two colors.  They're lovely.  Like I said, a little bit more intense (they both dried darker than they look here - naturally) than I was looking for, but I do like them mucho.  I just can't wait to do the decorating!  I see lots of black and white in my future...


OH, and one other little thing - this is my 50th blog (48th actual post, I believe?)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment