Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thanks, YHL!

So, while touring my favorite little blog, Young House Love, I found a neat little article about LA lady Nancy Meyers.  She's had her hands on some great rom-coms, ranging from "Father of the Bride" to the more recent "It's Complicated."  YHL was showcasing some of the great sets from her movies, and I had to stop at the first one!

I'm sure from past blogs, you've come to realize that I'm not much of a "shabby chic" or "country" or even "seaside cottage" kind of girl.  So, it's not necessarily the house that I'm interested in.


Look to the front left.  That's not a...is it?  YES, it IS a drum!!!  As a SIDE TABLE!  Yeah.  This is going in my house.  Once I get back from my much-anticipated European Domination Tour (round 1), this is going to be the first thing on my list.  I'm ideally looking for one that is older, used.  Something maybe with an old school or band logo on it?  Probably something in the red, orange, or even yellow color family.  Preferably with glitter.  So, keep your eyes peeled, world.

I feel now that I have to also note the awesome bench-turned-coffee table as well.  I love the color, and the fabric.  Sumptuous!  I could handle having that in my living room, or maybe even a screen porch (it would live in the downstairs entryway during the winter).  More and more, I'm coming to like the concept of something cushy as the coffee table, with a couple of trays as hard surfaces.  People are going to put their feet up on your coffee table anyway; you might as well make them comfortable doing it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment