Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cure this!

So, I've signed up for the Kitchen Cure from Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn.  Because it needs to happen.  I've been staring at the cabinets and fridge/freezer for at least a good six months (let's be honest, it's probably been a year and a half...), thinking "there's got to be a better way."  Truth is, we don't have a very functional kitchen.  I've whined 14,000 times about how the thing is so Builder's Special, but the fact of the matter is - it's true.  There's barely anything that makes it unique and uber-functional.  The desk is great, but honestly that's the only part that I find to be really useful.  The island isn't perfect; there's no concealed location for garbage except under the sink; the cabinets aren't functional.

The first part of The Cure is cleaning out the fridge, freezer, and pantry.  Rockin'.  The good news is that we kind of went through the fridge a couple of weeks ago (though you wouldn't know it, by looking at this pic:

Dios Mio.  Okay, so the crispers below aren't all that full.  That's one bonus.  BUT, we found SIX JARS OF PICKLES.  Who needs six jars of pickles?!  Yeah.  THe bad news is that they can't even all be combined, since they're not the same - some Milwaukee's Midgets, some Gedney spicy something, etc, etc.  Six.  Plus, all those containers of leftovers don't help the situation.  I'm actually kind of stoked to go through the fridge again.  And BEYOND pumped to go through the freezer.  That thing's been needing help for a while now.  I'm happy to be giving it.
It's the pantry I'm more concerned about.  *sigh*  This is so very, very humbling, but here are the two halves (upper and lower) of the pantry.  I couldn't even tell you honestly what's in there, or where it might be located.  So sad.



See what I mean about it needing help?  Eek.  Pretty excited to get going.  :)  I wonder what will be next?!  I'm betting spice cabinets...  CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment