Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I. Love. Martha!!!

In an effort to avoid doing anything more on the Kitchen Cure (side note:  The majority of the fridge has been cleaned out, and it looks lovely so far!  Pics tomorrow, once it's all done...), I've been looking at the latest Martha Stewart mag, which lead me to Martha's website.

It's official.  I love this woman.  Or, the people who come up with all the ideas - whichever.

I'm currently lusting over this puppy:


It's not necessarily the items in the display, or even the color of it - so much as the "duh" of using a series of slim-profile boxes to create a moveable and unique shelving system.  I've got an area upstairs that I have no idea what to do with.  It's at the top of the stairs, so we can't have anything too big or bulky.  Previously, we had a small table there, but that just wasn't working.  It wasn't what I was looking for.  Something like this could be awesome.  Filled with pet-friendly items (as it will be on the floor-level), I can see it as a great place to plop seasonal items, much like the original picture shows.

Imagine it here:

Note my amazing Paint skilz.

I'm thinking something like this on the one side, and then perhaps a similar design on the other side of the doorway?  Too much symmetry?  Maybe.  In case you didn't know, the two farthest left rectangles represent already-present art.  The one above the proposed shelves represents something - probably in the form of a long, thin mirror - to take up more of the space on that wall.  It's a tall wall with the vault, and definitely needs something higher up.

I'm also considering the option of taking this design idea to the proposed built-in bookshelves opposite the hall doorway.

Ooohhhhhh, the possibilities!  Thank you, Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment