Saturday, February 5, 2011

More crafts!

Katie Bower from the Bower Power blog had a little posting about making a cone tree (that's for tree #2 of 3, BTW).  In the little blog, she mentioned that the process she used for making this cone tree could be used to make a "capiz" lamps.  Then, lo and behold, on HGTV's website, I was looking around for a little decoration inspiration, and stumbled across a picture of a capiz chandelier.  Inspiration has struck.  I'm going to figure out how to make this...


...using wax paper and a light-making kit.  In Katie's blog (yes, we're on a first-name basis, much like I am with YHL's Sherry and John...), she tells how to take three sheets of wax paper and iron them together to create a similar texture to capiz.  Simply cut out the circles and attach together with a tone of fishing wire.  Naturally, this is gonna have to be a "get back to you on that one" kind of a craft, because I JUST thought of it.  I'm not even certain where I would put this baby, either.  Perhaps in our bedroom?  Over what I want to someday have as the reading area?  Maybe not as an *actual* light (read:  nothing electric), and hang it over our jacuzzi tub thingy?  Maybe in the living room?  So very many possibilities.  Can't wait to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment