Saturday, February 5, 2011

New pretty things to look at!

SO.  It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of John and Sherry P on younghouselove.com.  LOVE those kids (PS - they have a new house to prettify!!  Yippee!!!!!).  Sometimes, I peruse their "Link Love" section.  One of those times, I discovered a little blog called Bower Power.  Katie B is a serious crafter.  (And stinkin' adorable to boot.)  She's got me all kinds of excited for craft-makin'.

One craft in particular is this interesting little number about cone tree decorations.  Yeah, I know - it's a little late (or early), but I can totally think about Christmas 2011 in February.  Totally.

Back in early January, we went to the Home Depot and zipped through the Christmas clearance area.  I found three bags of HEAVILY-scented pine cones.  What don't I have in my cone tree collection?  One made out of pine cones.  So, I decided to take a Miller Lite case (classy, I know!) and turn it into a cone tree using pine cones.

Um, I haven't actually finished it yet, so I'm going to have to keep you updated on this one.  For now, click on that link and look at the three trees that Katie B made for this Christmas (you can click the links within the one page to get to the other two.).

Also, I stumbled upon another blogger's post about making art out of TOILET PAPER ROLLS.  Love it.  Using something that just gets pitched or recycled and turning it into a craft or neat piece of art is great.  Again, my little craft is unfinished, but I can't wait to do it.  I'm making the first one for my seester.  I haven't quite decided what formation the little sucker will take on, but I'm getting escited.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment