Monday, March 8, 2010

Before...

I just took some "Before" pictures of our living/dining room area.  Yikes.  It looks like some vagabond college squatters live in this house.  It's so unattractive that I'm considering not even posting the pic.  *sigh*  BUT, seeing the "Before" will make the "After" look so much better and more impressive.  So, reader beware...








Threw in some pics of the cats, just for fun.  :)
Things that will be changing:  the color of the living room chairs.  Best dumpster dive find ever (yeah, I'm not above admitting a little find-and-keep for DAYTON'S CHAIRS).  I'm thinking maybe they'll go something wild, like a yellow or coral (as tlynn has suggested) or my dream pattern - houndstooth.  Wall color:  top gray in the second picture.  Window coverings:  ANYTHING but those - they came with the casa.  Dining room table and chairs:  Ikea Henriksdal chairs ("Gobo White" covering and "brown-black" frame) and Ikea Bjursta table ("brown-black").  I want to paint a damask stripe slightly-off center on the dining room chairs.  Nana's davenport will be finding a new location (perhaps our bedroom?) and a more modern piece will be making its way in.  I also want to replace the coffee-table-gone-bench with an actual bench.  I'm thinking something with arms, but I'm not sure what.  Current bookshelves will be replaced with built-ins, carpet with medium-dark hardwood, and golden oak trim with white.  Maybe we'll even get some real-people coffe and side tables.  So many things to do.........  But, for starters:  convincing Mr. Peavs to buy the table and chairs.  Anyone in the market for a lovely oval table?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment