Thursday, March 11, 2010

like living in a tent

So, I was perusing my favorite blogs, and came across a lovely little piece from SHELTER.  It's about canopy beds.  I've always wanted a canopy bed.  When I was little, I was a bottom-bunker.  I loved it.  No ladders to climb, plenty of head room (unlike most top bunks).  Mine was a little more enclosed - there was a built-in closet and toy chest to one side of it, and the wall to the other.  It was nice and close and comfortable.  I probably wouldn't have complained about this puppy:


I'm thinking I could probably whip something up like this on my own.  I'm seeing the scalloped valance being pretty easy - probably a lot like making a fabric headboard.  It's the gathered ceiling and center that I see being really difficult.  I'd like to give it a go.  Maybe someday, if I have a daughter.  Or, someone to create things like this for me.  :)

I also liked this one: 



Something like that could be done in a guest room or a child's room (like this - LOVE the drapery!!)  I even like the bed - it's kind of an unconventional little bed.  It's sort of like a really large bench.  I'm a fan.  I'll consider this one when I have that person to make my bedding pieces.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment