Sunday, March 7, 2010

First is NOT the worst!

One little project down!

Through the system of clean-up and organizing for a garage sale next month, I found the pegs that go in our run-of-the-mill Target bookshelves.  I can put the shelves in now!  So, I did.  Then, took it a step farther, and put books and knick knacks in the shelves.  I don't think the whole thing is completely exactly how I want it, but here's my starting point.


I got the bull bookends I wanted!!!  Mr. Peavs got them for me for Christmas.  So very, very in love with it.  For now, the bull is bookending the first six of Frank Miller's "Sin City."  I thought it was a lovely touch with the cowgirl.  :)  The cactus I just noticed is pretty nice too...


One of my (two) readers will recognise the next two little items (in my excitement about the bookshelves, my picture-taking got blurry)...




And then, my favorite piece.  It's my Nana's vase.  Right now, it's tipped on its side to prevent any falling, but Mr. Peavs is going to build a base for it, so it can look like I want it to, with the handle on the top, looking as if it's spilling out.  I think it's a gorgeous piece, and I'm really proud to be able to put this piece on display.



Once we have the permanent shelves in place, I'll have to go through the design process again, but I'm looking forward to that too.  Just for now though - I'm beyond thrilled to have just one little bit of our personalities in the open, and one nice little decorative area of the house.

Mr. Peavs is out in the garage building the bed...here's to hoping that'll be the next project done!  I'll have to get some pics of his process...

No comments:

Post a Comment