Sunday, April 11, 2010

Franciscan

New thing to collect:  Franciscan Starburst ceramics.

tlynn first pointed this out to me, so I fully blame her for my obsession.  Within a day or two of realizing my everlasting love, I jumped on Ebay and ordered myself up a gravy boat.  The fact that it's in a bit of rough shape meant that I got it for $14 shipped.  :)  I'm down with that.  This is my "everyday use" piece.  What I think I like most about it is the mod-deco look of the pattern.  It just feels very cool.  I can see this being the pattern the hip young people got.  It looks like it could very much fit both into the Jetsons' house and the Drapers.  The base color of the ceramics is this cream color with darker flecks.  It kind of looks like GOOD vanilla ice cream.  I've found myself liking blues and greens more and more in the last couple of years, and the colors of the dots definitely keep going with the cool flow.  I think these pieces will look great up near my blue dining room wall.

I think I've decided that I'm really only interested in the serving pieces, not the plates and mugs.  The canisters and casserole dishes and serving pieces are what I'm most interested in.  And another gravy boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment