Thursday, April 1, 2010

i heart

Design*Sponge.
Today's sweet find is a little old.  :)  And that's cool.  I've been keeping a relatively low internet profile lately.  I'm playing a mean game of catch-up now.  The Sponge team gave a sneak peek of writer/blogger Kelly Doust's pad.  There are some really great little features to it that just make me jealous.  I find myself wishing I could do a better job of being an eclectic designer.  I'll keep an eye on Ms. Doust - she does a fantastic job of it.  Here are some little bits I dig.


According to the article, this bedroom used to be a study.  What a fantastic place for a bedroom.  I would LOVE to be surrounded by my books, in such a lovely, warm, sunny room.  I'm thinking I would like it to be a little more modern (naturally), but overall I love the room.  Especially the books!



Favorite part of the kitchen is hands-down the dinosaur.  I'm going to find myself a bright dinosaur.  I'm thinking maybe an electric blue.  Or, paint one white and give it some turquoise accents.  How fun!



LOVE.  Again, with the books in the corner.  I really appreciate the look of the door-turned-mirror.  It's totally too country life for us, but I wouldn't mind finding a way to figure out how to make this work in a Mid-Century Modern joint.  I'm not certain if this is a bathroom or a hallway/entry, but I like it for either way.  I think it's a creative way to put a mirror in a room.  Makes it look like a window, too, which always makes a room look bigger.  I'm a fan.  I think this would be fun to do if you have the nice, big area of wall.  I could probably do something like this in our entry downstairs, but I've got some art currently living on that wall.  Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment