Thursday, July 15, 2010

Closet!

Yepper.  This is probably the best picture I've found that shows what I'm looking for for the closet in our entryway.  I'm not into the wire shelving, but I like the general setup of the closet, and like the baskets and all the different places to put stuff - all that storage!


I love the three shelves for shoes.  I wear roughly four pairs of shoes.  I have well over THIRTY.  Why do I only wear four?  Honestly?  Because those four are in the closet downstairs.  In a heap.  With Mr. Peavs's stank-ass man shoes, a pile 'o' sand (um, we *may* need to sweep the entry more often...), a box of other stuff, a couple of stacked baskets of, you know, other stuff...  I think you get the idea.
Another shot:


Mostly, this shot was about the hook in the corner (hello, dog stuff!), another view of the BASKETS to hold all my stuff, and that sweet mat under the wet shoes.  I'd put that kind of a mat on all the shoes, because the thought of having to empty out my shoes every time I put them on bugs me (back to four pair I'll go!), and I think the mats would look fancy and great.  Plus, having a solid shelf appeals more to me for concealment of stuff in the baskets - since the baskets are all about wrangling the stuff - as well as the overall look of the space.  I've never been a wire shelf kind of girl.  I kinda loathe them.
Enough about the shelves.  How about those stripey walls???  I love the idea of lovely painted closet interiors.  I've been bugging Mr. P to let me paint our master closet a bangin' hot pink (not gonna happen.  I've come to terms with that...) since we moved in.  I want to paint things that most people would prefer to ignore.  Like the garage.  I want that sucker to have some kind of great color (maybe yellow??).  And the insides of all my closets.  I like the stripes too because they're kind of unexpected.  Since our entryway is going to eventually be a nice dove gray, I think a pop of color like brightly-striped walls would be fun and interesting.
Here's the top shelf:


I like that extra little shelf in there.  I have no idea what I'd put on it.  Wait.  Are those bags?  BRILLIANT.  I only have a million of those little bags to wrangle.  I think I've found my option!  But, you know, not wire...

And, for an added bonus...


This mirror was part of the article.  I like.  I don't know where it would go - our entry doesn't have room for anything like this unless it's attached to a door (hmmmmm...that's an intriguing idea...) but I like the idea of a mirror in the entryway.  And the family logo on it is cute.  I've been looking for some kind of "est. 2006" piece for a while because I think it would be great to have something to showcase the year that we officially established our little union.

Images taken from this Apartment Therapy article.

No comments:

Post a Comment