Monday, July 12, 2010

MAN

I see why the Young House Lovers are so popular.  They. are. frickin. BRILLIANT.  I really love today's posting about tabletop decor.  It's crazy how just a couple of items can be used so multipurposefully (is that a word??) to create so many different decor tricks.

This one is genius.  I'm trying to figure out where I would put it in our house.  On a side table near the couch in the kitchen?  As a "centerpiece" on the island?  Maybe even on the desk in the kitchen?  Either way, I'm going to be finding a vace and a candle and some rice.  Done and done.  And in love.


I mean, it's rice and a hurricane and a candle.  Why can't I think of things like this??  I guess I'm just the one who steals the ideas from the geniuses.

Speaking of stealing things, this next one is SO going to be making an appearance in my house come Christmas time.  Again, it's just so clever and simple.  And brilliant, of course.



What a simple concept.  And what a beautiful one.  I know that the YHL folks have said where they get everything at their casa, and I need to look up where they got this great lamp.  Fill that and a vase full of sparkly, beautiful Christmas balls.  And the moss in there is great!  I'm kind of thinking maybe even a giant pile of pine needles.  I suppse we probably wouldn't be able to reuse the Christmas balls if they were all kinds of full pine sap.  BUT, since you can get those in bulk at Target for super cheap...meh.

And, last but not least...a Halloween beauty.  A little Gothy, a lot good looking.  I just wish I had a "real" entryway to do something like this.  I'll file it away for later.  :)



I really like this piece.  I like the items on the table, but even more I really like the table itself.  I need to figure out where to put something like this.  Hrm.  I love the knobs, and the shelf underneat.  The color...  I like all of it.  Perhaps I could do something like this on the front step with an older table and some weather-resistant fixin's.  I can't wait till Halloween now.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment