Sunday, January 3, 2010

Copycat? Meh.

There are a couple of blogs that I frequent, because the styles of these writers are fantastic!  I often find myself so completely agreeing with what they find as beautiful, I find myself fantasizing about what they've posted.  Since that *is* the point of this blog (to showcase all my ideas as well as things I've found), I'm going to throw out some props to the Wifestyle Files for this little ditty.  It's the kind of desk backdrop I can see myself having in the living area in my someday-cottage.  I'm imagining exposed studs, walls roughly whitewashed, a whole wall of windows facing out to the beach, sun streaming in.  The desk would be tucked between the big, floofy couches and the breakfast area/kitchen.  Instead of using a wall-mounted, framed corkboard, I'd just staple the corkboard to the wall, and  put together all the pieces.




As previously stated, I have a deep desire to be a neat freak.  This kind of a desk backdrop appeals to me because, while it's chaotic, it's controlled chaos.  I love that the look is completely eclectic.  Full of things that matter or appeal to the designer.  I appreciate it when I have things that really have no business being together all in the same space.  I'd probably pin myself has having at least a somewhat-eclectic design taste, which is likely why I can't commit to just one design style.  A little bit formal, a little bit modern, a little bit mid-century mod (according to HGTV.com).

I might have to try and figure out where I can fit something like this into the current house, instead of waiting for the millions to come rolling in to build my beach house.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment