Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's been a long time comin'!

Whoa.  We closed on our house on September 2 of last year.  We've been in our house for 501 days.  Last Saturday was a monumentous occasion:  we put up the first picture.  Well, to be totally accurate, it was the first picture, the first piece of wall decor, AND the first multi-purpose piece.  THREE.  Yeah, three pieces.  I'm beyond thrilled.  This is the start.  Soon enough, we'll have walls covered in pictures and sconces and Lord only knows what else.  I. Can't. Wait.

I've got a clearer picture of a lot of the things I want to see in my house.  I think that's the result of showing people around the house (we had a party yesterday for my birthday, and there were quite a few people who had never been in the house before) - I got a chance to describe what I see as the finished product.  I know exactly what I want my dining room to look like now.  I've got a really good idea of what I want to see our bedroom, the family room, and the utility room to look like too.  I even know what direction I want to take with our garage!  I really like feeling more comfortable choosing items and making plans for my house.

Next steps in the great makeover?  Convincing the hubby to get the dining room furniture I want.  :)  Painting my Nana's dresser either a patent black or a patent white (I'm leaning white) to serve as a dining room buffet.  Figure out which of my friend Michelle's pictures would look best blown up for our dining room wall.  PAINT our upstairs.  And our family room.  Tiling the kitchen backsplash.  Reupholstering our dumpster chairs and the old kitchen couch.  Pulling up all that crappy carpet and laying some hardwood throughout the upper level.  Building all the shelving we are planning to.

Sounds like a long list, but I know exactly what I want it all to look like, and that's a huge step.

No comments:

Post a Comment