Sunday, January 31, 2010

something to sink into

One of my favorite places in a house is the bedroom.  Master, guest, baby - doesn't matter.  I love bedrooms.  I stumbled across this article at Apartment Therapy today, and am in heaven.  I would truly want 6 of these bedrooms in my house.  My top three:






Love the look of the first one - from the flokati rugs to the acrylic egg chair to that awesome mirror over the dresser.  I'm not normally one for neutral color schemes, but I love the tans and brown in this one.  I can't quite tell if all the walls are taupe, or if I see some mint in the right corner, but I like it, whatever it is.  The light wood walls kind of trip me up, but they do look really great with this room, so I'll let them pass.

The second room looks like an incredibly comfortable retreat.  I love the windows in this room.  I can imagine waking up with the sun on a Saturday morning in this room.  The rumbled bed is a fantastic choice by the homeowner/photographer.  It makes this room look so much more inviting - like a place I would really like to be in the morning.  Noon.  And night.  I wouldn't mind spending all day in here.

There's something about the coral and the white in the last room.  What a wonderful room.  Wouldn't it be great with a little private, lush green terrace?  I'd definitely find a place to hide a coffee pot for mornings on said terrace.  This room is just so beautiful - it almost looks like it belongs in a boutique hotel or somewhere else nice and fancy and restful and wonderful.

Someday...I'll have my own beautiful and finished bedroom.  SOON would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment