Wednesday, February 3, 2010

designer eye?

I sometimes feel like I could just go through Apartment Therapy every day, and have a new post - they seem to constantly have stomething that I love.  Today's something is...this whole room.


At first, it was the table - obviously.  Since it's such a crazy, obvious first impression.  That blue!  According to the article, that startling azure is a color that Yves Klein patented.  Worth the patent fee, I'm sure!  But then, as I'm looking at the picture, my eye goes to the table in the bottom right corner.  LOVE nailhead!  I just wish hubby could enjoy it at all.  He does not like anything about the nailhead trim.  Fool.  Anyway.  I really like the design of the table.  I like the sexy lines.  Then, I see the furniture.  I love the tassle on the bottom and the fluffy yumminess of the back.  I also love the fact that the couch is nestled into a nice little cubby that, instead of being a divider in the room - is a MIRROR.  Then, I see all the BOOKS.  And the bookshelves.  LOVE.  I love a room coated in books.  I think they're some of the best accessories around.  That's probably why I have 20 paper boxes full of them in a closet waiting to be put out into the world.  The way the designer put the table as the centerpiece, and then worked in subtle little blue notes all over the rest of the room.  I think I'm learning a little bit about how designers roll.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment