Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Next Blog" treasure.

Just browsing about the web this morning, my friend Chris discovered this little blog, called SHELTER.  On said little blog, there was an intriguing article from Canadian House and Home mag.  Parts of this house look like my Nana's old friend Marj's house - especially the burnt orange chairs.  There's something about this house that both appeals to me, and makes me feel frazzled.  Something that makes the house look both chic and chintzy.  I can't decide which way I'm going to lean permanently, so I'll just appreciate the things I like about it, starting with this table.




Like everything else about this house, it's a crazy mix of things that I like and things that give me a headache.  The controlled chaos (I'm afraid this is going to become a theme for me!) of all that STUFF, mixed in with neatly-stacked papers appeals to me.  It reminds me that we can have a lot of STUFF, but it can still look nice.  Point:  pack rats!  I also dig the ascending height of the pictures.  I don't like that the lamp is slightly taller than the first picture, though.  That bugs the OCD outta me.  I'm trying to figure out just where I can put a table like this, with a mirror butting up to the one side of it.  Nothing's coming to mind in the current house.  Oh, well - I guess I'll just have to keep this one in my arsenal and use it later...



I also just realized that this set up the designer used as a bedside table is virtually identical to the previous one.  Using unexpected items (like a sideboard table!) as bedside tables makes me giddy.  Loving the look, but don't think I could do that in my house.  Certainly not my bedroom - I would rather have a neat, clean, more modern bedroom than this one.



This just makes me feel anxious and frazzled.  I know I posted previously about enjoying the crazy corkboard, but I don't think I could handle this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment