Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shelves!

Ah-ha!  This is the bookshelving I want!  From a House Beautiful article about 101 Make-Over Ideas.


Not normally a fan of yellow or gold shades, I really like the color they've used in the back of the shelves.  It just gives this slight bit of color that makes the white of the shelving really stand out.  I'm a huge fan of bright, clean, fresh white.  There's just something about a beautiful white that I can't resist.  Probably because I can't seem to think anything white and lovely...white and lovely.  :)  I'm also loving the eclectic look of all the items on the shelves.  And the placing of the books!  Different ways of stacking them - from smallest to largest, to on their covers, to even by color.  I also really like all the little tchatchkies.  And the most obvious - the picture.  Like everything else, I LOVE IT.  It's almost like the one massively calming item on the whole thing.  I like the B&W amidst all that color too.

I just think you can tell so much about someone by what's on their bookshelves.  That's probably why I'm pretty much obsessed with how I want all the bookshelves-to-be to look.  I think I'll be looking to this one in the future, once they're finally built and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment